Huddersfield Town Vs Norwich City match report.

Huddersfield Town kept up the chase for automatic promotion with an emphatic 3-0 victory over Norwich City at the John Smith’s Stadium on Wednesday night.

In the opening minutes the game was almost off to a flyer with Phillip Billing’s curling shot from the edge of the box hit crashed against the woodwork.

Towards the end of the first half, Nakhi Wells also seen his shot hit the woodwork, which threatened the away side once again.

The first half seen an even game, including a disallowed goal which was ruled out for the away side as Cameron Jerome had the ball in the back of the net but it was disallowed for offside.

A game which could easily have gone either way at half time was decided in seven minutes of the second half.

Before the goals went in, Norwich netted for the second time of the evening, again ruled out for a foul in the area after Jerome again had the ball in the net but fouled Schindler in the process.

Elias Kachunga broke the deadlock just after the hour mark nipping in to score to mark his permenent contract deal with a goal after Norwich failed to clear a long ball clearance after the away side had actually been on top of the game.

After the opening goal, Norwich just didn’t seem to get going again and minutes later, Aaron Mooy doubled the home side’s advantage with a shot on the turn to beat Mcgovern at his near post to put the game further out of Norwich’s reach.

This didn’t seem to wake the opposition either. Huddersfield scored their third goal in seven second half minutes to put the game beyond any doubt when Nakhi Wells fired the home side to victory with a shot underneath the away sides’s goalkeeper.

The game seen a return to football for Jonathan Hogg after his horrific neck injury in the game against Bristol City just a couple of weeks ago, the midfielder played a good game especially after such a life threatening injury just weeks before.

See my periscope report after the game here:


The Terriers Boss believes that his side did more than enough to get the result after beating Norwich 3-0.

David Wagner: “We performed very well, I am delighted with the way the players were today. We were very energetic from the first minute. In the second half we just wanted to make sure that we stayed in the game so that we could decide it in the last fifteen minutes like we have so often this season.”

Alan Irvine distanced himself from the vacant position in the press conference.

“I will not apply for the job. I am told on a week by week basis and I’ll see what people want me to do after Reading.”


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s